Clinton Critter Care of Clinton, Missouri provides a rescue and re-homing resource for small critters such as reptiles, amphibians, rodents and many other animals which are not able to be helped by dog and cat rescues or city shelters. We provide the animal with the very best care possible until an ideal home can be found for that animal, with owners which are not only educated but experienced with that particular animal. We offer free updates on all rescued animals to the person who surrenders the animal including when it finds a good new home and with who, and we will treat the animal with the utmost attention and love.
Our cages and enclosures are pristine, well-kept and we clean them daily and make sure the animal has any of their needs met (e.g. timothy hay, wood chews, UVA/UVB light, branches, hides, misting, and other necessary care for different types of animals). We also give fresh water and top quality and appropriate food items daily, and occasional treats for the type of pet you are surrendering. The well-being of the animals are absolutely our top priority. All of the animals in our care receive not only the best care and environment possible, and any necessary veterinary treatments, but we also take the time each day to give each animal individual attention and plenty of human-animal interaction.
Examples of animals we CAN accept for rescue:
- Turtles and Tortoises
- Crabs & Other Freshwater or Brackish Water creatures
- Snakes (non-venomous ONLY)
- Lizards such as Bearded Dragons, Anoles, Grass Lizards, Chameleons, etc.
- Amphibians such as frogs or salamanders
- Guinea Pigs
- Mice, Rats and other Rodents
- Sugar Gliders
- Other small CAGED critters
Examples of animals we CAN NOT accept for rescue:
- Birds (some exceptions can be made in emergency situations for small birds)
- Farm Animals
- Wildlife of any kind (NO squirrels,wild birds, wild-caught critters, possums, raccoon, etc)
- Any animal which cannot be kept in a cage or enclosure
- Crocodilians such as Alligators or Crocodiles or Caimen
If you are not sure, you may always call our toll free number at 1-888-280-0145 or email us at email@example.com
Rescue Guidelines and our Rules for Animal Surrender:
- Most animals surrendered must be brought to us in Clinton, Missouri. Some exceptions can be made in emergency situations or with extenuating circumstances, but for the most part we ask that you can bring your pet or pets to us, thank you!
- It MAY be required that you have a cage or accessories for the animal you are surrendering for adoption. We do have some limited supplies and donations, however if we do not currently have the proper housing or cage for your pet, or any accessories/food, we may ask that you supply that with the animal when you bring it for surrender. We do have some aquariums and cages however our housing is limited.
- We do NOT purchase any animals or supplies. Our services are for the purposes of rescuing small animals which need a new home due to unforeseen circumstances. We rely on the kind donations of community members to keep our rescue going…if you have any small animal cages, aquariums or supplies you would like to donate to us, we would truly appreciate it.
- We reserved the right to refuse to accept any animal, and every animal we take in we evaluate carefully before accepting the animal.
- Once surrendered, the pet/animal becomes the property of Clinton Critter Care and we will provide the VERY best care for your surrendered animal until an appropriate and good home can be found for it.
If you agree to the above rules, and you have an animal you wish to surrender to us, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-888-280-0145 or you may fill out the form below and we will respond within 24 hours: